BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

First Impressions...

...windy...cut-off....why can't it look like Homer......
So everyone here keeps asking me what I think....and I honestly have to say I don't know yet. It's not exactly what I expected, that's for sure. I think it will be really pretty in the summer. You can see the ocean from the road leading to our house. There are two smallish local stores that charge you an arm, leg and possibly a liver depending on what you want. On the up side, it is much warmer than Fairbanks.
I am trying REALLY hard to have a good attitude and not decide that I hate it here. Anthony is super excited so it is important to keep an open mind. I DO have an interview on Friday afternoon for the position at AST. I have met most of the guys here and we seem to have a good group.
The movers will be here to move us into our house on Friday morning. It will be nice to get settled down...and have our stuff. We are staying in a little furnished bed and breakfast right now...it's called Caribou Cabin. There is a flat screen w/dish network...Anthony is happily watching the sports channel lol.
I'm proud to say I kept the water works at bay through all the goodbyes...up until last night. Yesterday was a really long day. We only managed to get about 4 hrs of sleep on our last night there, then we got up, finished getting packed and headed to the airport. Jenni met us there for a quick goodbye and we were on our way. We spent all morning flying then arrived in Dillingham with no cell reception. As you can guess, we were REALLY unhappy. After stopping by post and picking up a veh we headed to our new place to do a walk-through. All of the appliances were decrepit and that was a big issue. I'm glad to report that as of today they have all been replaced. Then we spend hrs on the phone ironing out issues like GCI and dealing with the movers.
I will post pictures as soon as possible. And hopefully soon I will have a working phone again.
Will post more later...hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

You'll like it there after awhile. Keep your pretty chin up! We love you and know you will enjoy the new adventure you're on! Missing you already though!

Grammie Kim said...

You are doing just fine. Even with a little crying now and then. It IS normal, Heidi. :)
Chubba asked me where you were tonight. :) I told her, Dillingham, which she promptly repeated. She's been running through the house like a happy camper. Highly disappointed when she couldn't give "Tappaw" a hug and kiss, cuz he went to bed before she did. :)
Don't make any rash decisions. You are THERE...make the most of it.
Love you.
mom

Anonymous said...

You are strong Heidikins.
I agree with Jenn and your momma.

Small little humps.. and then it was start to seem more and more like home..

And sweetie if you didn't cry a little, I'd be worried about you.

Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. It will be home sweet home before you know it!

blondevue... said...

Yay for internet! I'm glad that in the meantime while you're waiting for your phone's you can be on facebook and on your blog. (yay!)
Glad they got some new appliances into the place you're staying, that is great!
Neat to read about your open mind to not hating it there. I'm sure that will help your husband a lot. Warmer than fairbanks? Now THAT is terrific :D